Saturday, December 10, 2011

Operation "Kill Quackers" suffers a setback.

Disclaimer:  No ducks were harmed, bothered, or even seen in the preparing of this post.

This morning I got up at dark o'clock in the morning to hit the duck marsh.  Thus far operation "Kill Quackers" has been unsuccessful.  I was planning on hunting by myself this morning, and bear in mind that I am new to the area.  We received quite a bit of moisture this week, so I was a bit worried about our Toyota Matrix making it down the dirt road to the hunting spot, but it made it just fine.  I got out, pulled on my waders, grabbed the decoys and my gun, and took off to my predetermined spot.  Except for one problem: the marsh I was planning to walk through was completely underwater!  The lake had risen two feet, completely changing the shore contour and accessible areas.  I'm very cautious, and there was no way I was going to explore the water depth by myself in the early morning dark.  So I walked back to the car, took off my waders, and made it home by 6:15am.  I tied flies all morning instead.  Operation "Kill Quackers" will resume soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment