| The profile shot from the San Juan River this week. Cheryl barely fit into her waders. Certainly not her biggest fish of the trip - more to come on that later! |
Sunday, January 27, 2013
An Upcoming Family Addition
If you are one of the two people who follows my blog, you may have noticed that posts with Cheryl in them have been declining as of late. There is a simple explanation: Cheryl and I are expecting a little girl in early March. Pregnancy does not treat Cheryl well, and between up-chucking, getting kicked in ribs, acid reflux, general lethargy, etc. etc., all the while chasing around a 16 month old, she has been rather tuckered out as of late. Although she wishes she could get outdoors with me, all too often she doesn't feel that it is worth the effort and exhuastion, and I can't blame her.
This past week we had the unique opportunity of having a babysitter (my mommy) while we spent two days on the San Juan River in New Mexico. Cheryl and I were able to spend two half-days fishing together, and we had a wonderful time! Teaser: Cheryl caught the biggest rainbow of her life and I tied my personal best (and yes, hers was bigger - punk!)
Labels:
Family update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hopefully Thing 2 will have the compassion, kindness, and jovial nature of her Uncle Scotty! Congrats to Cheryl on catching a biggie. She knows what it's about - why catch a little one when there are big ones to be caught?!
ReplyDelete